RESEARCH REPORT THE COMPARISON BETWEEN THE DIAMETER OF MENINGIOMA IN THE USE OF VARIOUS TYPES HORMONAL CONTRACEPTION

Niswah Silmi Fatimah, 011411133033) (2018) RESEARCH REPORT THE COMPARISON BETWEEN THE DIAMETER OF MENINGIOMA IN THE USE OF VARIOUS TYPES HORMONAL CONTRACEPTION. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Airlangga.

[img]
Preview
Text (abstrak)
abstrak.pdf

Download (177kB) | Preview
[img] Text (full text)
full text.pdf
Restricted to Registered users only until 15 March 2021.

Download (1MB)

Abstract

Background: Meningiomas is a benign tumors of the meninges and it represent 15% of all primary brain neoplasms. Although considered as benign and most of the time is operable, a retrospective study reported the morbidity and mortality after modern cranial meningioma surgery. The etiology of meningioma itself is still largely unknown, several theories have been made to explain the risk factors of this tumor, one of them is hormonal use. Several studies have also reported an association of exogenous hormones with meningioma Purpose: This study would like to compare between meningioma sizes among various types of hormonal contraceptive use. Method: This study is an observational analytic retrospective study, adopting a cross sectional strategy and used total sampling with a population of all patients with diagnosis of meningioma that had been treated within the RSUD Dr. Soetomo in January 2014 – August 2016. Results: The total samples were 132 patients, 37 (28%) patients met the inclusions criteria and the other 95 (72%) patients didn’t met the inclusion criteria. The sex ratio is 6.8: 1. The mean size of meningioma according to CT scan reading among patients with history of oral contraception, hormonal injection, and hormonal IUD use subsequently are 5.56 cm (SD +0.9); 5.7 cm (SD+1.7); and 6.6 cm (SD + 0.9) while the mean size of meningioma according to MRI

Item Type: Thesis (Skripsi)
Additional Information: KKA KK Fk PD 09/18 Fat c
Uncontrolled Keywords: meningioma, hormonal contraception, diameter size of meningioma
Subjects: R Medicine > RA Public aspects of medicine
Divisions: 01. Fakultas Kedokteran
Creators:
CreatorsEmail
Niswah Silmi Fatimah, 011411133033)UNSPECIFIED
Contributors:
ContributionNameEmail
ContributorWardahrahmatul islamiyah, dr.,Sp.SUNSPECIFIED
Depositing User: Unnamed user with email indah.fatma@staf.unair.ac.id
Date Deposited: 14 Mar 2018 18:16
Last Modified: 14 Mar 2018 18:16
URI: http://repository.unair.ac.id/id/eprint/70771
Sosial Share:

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item